BIM Manager- ArchKey/Parsons Electric
This position is based in our ArchKey/Parsons Electric office in Minneapolis, MN
About the company
ArchKey Solutions is a Top 10 National Electrical Contracting company. Our teams work on large, sophisticated projects across the United States. When you work with ArchKey or any of our regional divisions, you are joining an expansive network of resources, experts, and innovators. More than a bright future, ArchKey Solutions offers positions with a stellar today. We are a lifestyle employer, providing flexibility, great pay, and strong benefits allowing you to live your best life at and away from work.
About the position:
As the BIM Manager, you be leading, overseeing, and coordinating all building information modeling (BIM) projects, managing day-to-day activities of the BIM team, and successfully executing the BIM process from inception through completion on all assigned electrical construction projects. This role includes job solicitation and negotiations, job scheduling, estimating and completion, quality control, problem resolution, coordination, job payments and client satisfaction activities.
Day in the life
- Partners with senior leadership to provide strategic input to key objectives, goals, policies, procedures, work standards and other decisions affecting the functional work group. Creates, communicates, and monitors Company Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) policies, programs, processes, and standards to keep employees accountable and management informed of new developments and potential improvement opportunities.
- Develops estimates and proposals for design efforts. Monitors and manages daily department operations to ensure goals and objectives are being met and policies and processes are followed per Company standards.
- Plans and oversees all BIM projects to optimize efficiency of labor, materials, supplies, equipment and software. Manages budgets, schedules estimates, and provides quality control and problem resolution advice.
- Anticipates changes and events that may impact project schedules, budgets, or materials/service quality. Effectively coordinates and communicates all scope and budget changes with the project manager to help facilitate recouping extra BIM costs due to project changes.
- Provides communications, mentoring, training, and team building to staff and other co-workers as needed. Coaches employees and provides performance feedback regularly.
- Develops leadership potential through appropriate task assignments and career growth opportunities. Establishes and nurtures a positive teamwork environment.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, contractors, specialty contractors, and suppliers that reflect and support the Company's core values and meet or exceed the customer's expectations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in building information modeling (BIM) trade school, engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 6-7 years of experience in a BIM specialist role or equivalent work. Minimum 2 years of experience directly managing people.
- Experience and proficiency using Autodesk, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office software. Experience using Dynamo or Evolve software and/or creation experience is a plus.
- Experience and proficiency setting up Revit models and creating families, along with troubleshooting Revit-related software issues. Skills to read, interpret and understand electrical contracts, plans, drawings, and specifications.
- Extensive project management skills. Thorough understanding of the project life cycle.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, customer focus, delegation, and decision-making skills. Effective small and large group training and facilitation skills with diverse participants.
- Strong business analysis, budgeting, and mathematical skills. Skills to read and interpret financial documents. Demonstrated high level of integrity and dependability.
ArchKey Solutions At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.