Automotive Assistant Manager
Grease Monkey® International, LLC is the nation’s largest independent franchisor of automotive oil change centers serving more than 2 million customers each year.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for performing all Center Manager function in the Manager’s absence and generally acting as “second-in-command” at the center. The Assistant Manager is responsible for the successful operation of a Grease Monkey center using customer and employee relations skills, business management techniques, and sound judgment.
Welcome customers immediately in a professional manner. requirements, Grease Monkey services and pricing during the Welcome, Wait/Show and Departure.
- Present the Service Review to the customer with air filter, cabin air filter, Wiper Blades, etc, for customer inspection.
- Maintain communications with waiting customers, keep them informed of wait times, and answer questions.
- Ensure a comfortable, clean, and safe atmosphere for customers.
- Review Service Order Ticket, including the Warranty and Free Top-Off Program thoroughly with customers at check-out, explain services performed.
- Remind departing customers to submit a Good Google Review.
- Resolve customer complaints and damage claims.
The center manager is responsible for the direct supervision of all employees of the center. Duties include:
- Evaluate employee performance on a regular basis; Resolve employee complaints; Administer employee discipline as required; Discharge employees as required
- Provide thorough training to new employees, conduct routine training sessions for all employees (new products, services, skills, procedures, policies)
- Schedule employees for effective center coverage and efficient use of labor; Ensure accurate time-clock use
- Maintain accurate and complete employee files
- Ensure proper execution of all activities in the service bays
- Monitor cash register functions and credit card handling
- Maintain POS computer software and hardware (backups, upgrades, routine maintenance)
- Perform daily close-out procedure
- Prepare daily paperwork
- Monitor inventory, place appropriate orders, and perform accurate monthly inventory counts
- Ensure cleanliness and appeal of entire site
- Maintain safe working environment
- Maintain physical plant, tools, equipment, inventory, supplies, and personal property
- Solicit fleet accounts
- Plan and execute local center marketing functions
- Participate in community activities
- Maintain required postings and records (OSHA, MSDS, federal, state, and local)
- Skills: Business Management, Employee Relations, Customer Service, Intermediate Computing skills
- Basic literacy (ready, writing, math skills); Verbal communication skills
- Ability and licensed to operate motor vehicles; Ability to properly use mechanical hand tools
- Previous experience managing a retail automotive center or equivalent related business required
Environment: Frequent exposure to outside weather elements, noise, and vehicle exhaust fumes throughout the entire shift.
Physical Activities: Position requires good corrected vision, hearing, frequent standing, walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, handling, reaching, and lifting.
- Discounted Services for Employees
- Flexible Hours
- Opportunities for Advancement
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to Grease Monkey Corporate.
Grease Monkey #140 At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.