The Automation Technician will be responsible for the installation, programming and repair of building automation and energy management systems for commercial and industrial clients throughout Atlanta, Georgia territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Integration and programming of control systems and associated devices.
- Maintenance and repair of low voltage wiring, equipment, and devices.
- Responsible for the installation of devices, cables, and troubleshooting of low voltage circuits.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all potential and existing customers. Promptly address any customer concerns and assure resolution in order to maintain positive long-term relationships.
- Must be able to travel within North and South Carolina (very minimal overnight)
- Must be physically able to carry and work on ladders, work in uncomfortable weather and potentially be on feet for long periods of time
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with company associates.
- Informs customer when arriving at or leaving the job and when planning to return.
- Be responsive to all customer service requirements for both internal and external customers.
- Inform sales and management with qualified leads
- Plan, schedule and communicate all work assignments to efficiently manage your time and maximize your productivity.
- Prepare and complete all required reporting and documentation in accordance with company policy and procedure requirements for your position.
- Adhere to all company Policy and Procedures. Read and understand the Employee Handbook. Read and understand the Company Safety Policy & Procedures.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. A minimum of 3 years related work experience. Must have a good understanding of commercial/industrial HVAC controls systems. Must be able to interpret HVAC mechanical plans and specifications as related to Direct Digital Controls. Good working knowledge of BACnet systems and experience with Distech Controls and Carrier Controls a plus. Ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical audience. Must have the ability to work well in a team environment and as well as a strong sense of pride and integrity in workmanship, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills. Tridium AX or N4 Certification is highly preferred but not required.
Must possess strong internal and external communication skills.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Must possess basic math skills. Ability to perform these basic operations using units of American money and weight measurement, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes complex written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver’s License required. Tridium AX or N4 Certification is highly preferred but not required.
Must be able to climb ladders, lift and carry 50 or more pounds, distinguish colors for electrical work and tolerate confined spaces. Work will involve heights and/or seasonal temperature extremes such as excessive cold or heat. Must be able to work in confined, cramped or tight spaces. Work may often require exposure to dust, dirt, common allergens, refrigerants or other potentially hazards conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required while performing tasks.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR’s normal application process – it is probably fraudulent.
Emcor At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.