This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Department: Facilities Management
Job Title: Pipe Mechanical Trade I (Autoclave Trainee Position)
Position: # 218254– Requisition: # 30656
Learn and develop the skills needed to support the autoclave/Biomedical department that provide service in the form of maintenance and repairs for large network of biomedical equipment at the Anschutz Medical Campus. The biomedical trainee position is a great opportunity for the department to develop its own in-house biomedical technicians who will take ownership of all assets assigned to the department area of responsibility. Certified biomedical technicians require extensive training normally acquired through technical training assisted by a trained biomedical technician or through manufacturer specialized training. The Facilities Management department working with in-house trained technicians and manufactures is able to utilize both options to develop its technicians, making it more attractive to future participants and more economical for the department and customers.
Participants will learn the skills needed to provide maintenance service and repairs on a wide array of biomedical equipment and ultralow freezers. This includes autoclaves, sterilizers, glass washers, and -80 and -20 freezers. Participants will work closely with the lead technician to develop the understanding and skills needed to inspect, adjust, calibrate, repair, replace and ensure the proper functions of related parts and equipment. i.e., steam trap, coils pumps, vents, valves, and other systems and components related to biomedical equipment, steam and ultra-low systems.
Job Request, CM's and PM Work Orders (60%)
- Performs work on CM and PM work orders, inspects, calibrates, adjusts and verifies proper mechanical, electrical, steam, and pneumatic controls for bio-medical equipment (Examples; medical research sterilization, autoclaves, glass washers, ultra-low freezers, ice machines) for proper operations and safety.
- Examine, repair, and/or replaces defective components on sterilizers, autoclaves, glass washers, ultra-low freezers, ice machines and associated equipment. (Examples; steam valves, electrical solenoids, copper lines water piping etc.)
Corrective Maintenance (30%)
- Responds to Paged out calls, Job Request, CM’s, PM work orders and verbal assignments ensuring that tenant/staff requests are attended to in a timely, courteous, and efficient manner.
Ancillary Duties (10%)
- Responds to emergencies on a 24-hour basis, 7 days a week as required, e.g., related equipment failures, fires, flood, and snow removal.
Onsite – this role is expected to work onsite 5 days per week and is located the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora Colorado.
Why Join Us:
Apply today to be part of a team, where the focus is on doing the job right, not maximizing profit. Working at a campus allows you to learn the buildings, equipment, and people, without always having to walk into an unfamiliar situation. We are looking for someone with a solid background in the industry. Someone with a good attitude, who works well with others, and has the desire to learn more.
You will be set up for success. We will provide you with the training necessary to become proficient in the equipment we maintain. There are also paid external training opportunities for beneficial technical and professional development courses. All and specialty tools you need will be provided Here you can have an improved work-life balance, where the times you will have to work outside of your normal schedule are rare. Your work at Anschutz will directly support medical research and education. Come to a place where you can have a career, not just another job. For more information about the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical campus please visit: www.cuanschutz.edu.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit:
Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours worked per week as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
- Submit all required documents indicated in this posting and include a current email address and phone number.
- Please address minimum qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your cover letter, as these along with previous work experience will be used in the assessment process.
- Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions:
- Medical: Multiple affordable plan options with CU contributions of 85% to 90% of your premiums, making medical care affordable for you and your dependents
- Dental: Multiple affordable plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- PERA Retirement Plans with employer contributions
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 12
- Sick Days: 10
- Holiday Days: 10
University of Colorado At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.