This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Auto Glass Installation Technician Trainee
Does this position interest you? You should apply – even if you don’t match every single requirement! We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But beyond the glass, we're so much more. We'll help you build a fulfilling career and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.
Do you like to be challenged? Have natural mechanical ability? Work independently, but also as part of a team with opportunities for growth and advancement?
Join Safelite as an Auto Glass Technician Trainee — the first step in becoming a certified auto glass technician on a nationally recognized team of expert installers!
We’ll train you to install and repair auto glass, recalibrate car safety systems and provide service so great, it’s memorable. And you’ll get paid to learn it all!
We’re more than just a glass company. We empower our associates with the support they need to be efficient, to problem-solve and have an eye for detail, and most importantly, to deliver quality service and bring a little unexpected happiness to people’s lives.
This isn’t your typical desk job! You’ll be outdoors, working with your hands, and yes, that means working in an ever-changing environment with all sorts of weather conditions.
It’s time to start that new career you’ve been thinking about. Invest in yourself and learn more about our 3-month paid training program. Once on the job, your pay is evaluated every six months to ensure you’re rewarded for outstanding performance!
As a Technician Trainee you will:
- Be paid to learn and apprentice the Safelite way, through hands-on and classroom training, including:
- Installing and repairing auto glass
- Recalibrating automotive safety systems
- Providing additional services & products
- Study and pass testing to become a Safelite-certified Technician showing proficiency in installations, embracing a positive attitude and following taught techniques.
- Safely operate a company vehicle and company-issued tools utilized throughout the workday.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive weekly pay starting at $20.75/hour, increasing to $22.50/hour after training and certification.
- Earn $5/set of wiper blades when added for customer safety.
- Potential to be promoted in your first year! Pay starting at $25/hour as a Senior Tech & $28.75/hour as a Master Tech. Technician career levels determined based on performance metrics demonstrating efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- A benefits package valued at more than $10k*. Includes 401(k) plan with company matching, medical plans, paid time off, holidays & volunteer days.
- Program to buy additional PTO or sell unused time up to 16 hours.
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement.
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be successful.
- View all our health, wealth, and life offerings at www.safelitebenefits.com.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid state-issued driver’s license required
- Comfortable working outside (in a wide variety of weather conditions) on your feet for extended periods
- Ability to work scheduled days, with flexibility on start and end times to accommodate customer’s needs
- Ability to regularly lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma/GED/equivalent preferred; ability to read & write
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Safelite Group At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.