Auto Glass Accessories Product Line Manager
- Introduction of new products and/or technologies into the product offering.
- Communication and training on new and existing products offered by Pilkington to employees at the corporate headquarters, distribution center, and service center locations.
- An understanding of the auto glass accessory process and good working relationship with Pilkington’s major suppliers, internal and external.
- Development of auto glass accessory product plans, which may include an evaluation of our competition, the development of marketing strategies, and communication of these strategies to the AGR organization.
- Pricing and sourcing auto glass accessories to enable sales of these products at margins, which are in line with the goals of the business unit and are priced competitively in the marketplace.
- Generating regular promotional materials highlighting new or strategic products in the accessory offering that can be used by field personnel to gain new or incremental sales.
- Producing regular reports for field and executive use that include the following: monthly sales and margin results, analysis of product margin and discount percentages, analysis of margin by supplier and/or part category and reporting by customer segment.
- Work jointly with Pilkington manufacturing, technical and purchasing in the development of new products and new part introduction.
- Development and implementation of an exit strategy that includes identifying obsolete products in the offering while also working with other (both within AGR and our suppliers) to implement procedures that minimize Pilkington’s exposure to excess inventory.
- Developing procedures and measurement tools for field personnel to identify additional auto glass accessory accounts and develop strategies to target those accounts.
- Work closely with national and local key account managers in the development of customer specific programs to support sales and marketing strategies.
- Some travel to service center locations to accomplish the following: work with sales people to develop sales plans for the product line, meet with customers to stay in touch with their needs and expectations, and provide training to service center personnel.
- Adherence to NSG/Pilkington Standards of Business Conduct and its Values and Principles
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Regular interactions with Commercial / Field / Process Improvement / Training teams to ensure sales growth and customer satisfaction
Top 3 Competencies Needed for Success in the Role:
- Passion for Excellence – takes personal responsibility and ownership for achieving results while demonstrating a sense of urgency, drive, and commitment.
- Empowers and Develops – Empowers work teams to take ownership in achieving business objectives and delegates work to the appropriate level.
- Customer Focused – Actively seeks to understand internal and external customer needs and ensures customer solutions, practices and procedures are designed to assure customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degrees in marketing, business, or a business-related field plus a minimum of five years marketing/product planning.
- Without college degree, ten years’ experience in marketing/product planning area.
Pilkington North America Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.