Assistant Store Manager Operations - House of Sport
House of Sport by Dick’s Sporting Goods is more than just a store. It is a destination, an experience, a place where athletes can experiment and play. A retail store devoted to sport where our community can gather and be inspired. We are fundamentally changing retail by elevating these experiences, delivering first in class service, obsessing over our athletes, inspiring our teammates, and challenging retail norms.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve. On our team, everyone plays a critical role in creating confidence and excitement by personally equipping athletes to achieve their dreams.
If you are ready to obsess over the athlete and make a difference in your community, apply to join our team today!
DICK’S House of Sport is seeking a passionate, people-first store leader to oversee store operations in our NEW Pittsburgh, PA location in Ross Park Mall!
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for driving the highest level of brand and operational excellence throughout the store by ensuring our team is delivering hassle-free and engaging customer service to everyone who enters one of our stores. They prioritize teammate coaching, development, and wellbeing while staying engrossed in financial metrics, store performance, and short/long term planning.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operational aspects of their store department.
- Operationally plans and organizes both short-term and long-term, with the guidance of the Store Manager.
- Actively recruits in the community and supports opportunities for teammates to give back to their community.
- Partners with store leadership team to hire a strong, inclusive, and diverse team and manage store workforce planning (including payroll budget and scheduling).
- Holds team accountable for meeting operational guidelines, brand standards, customer service expectations and company policies.
- Drives shrink results through compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention, and cash-handling procedures.
- Transparently communicates and finds creative ways to build an engaging environment for the team.
- Passion for coaching and development of oneself and others; infuses learning into day-to-day leading.
- Creates an inclusive store environment where everyone (teammates & customers) feels safe, welcome, and is treated with respect.
- 1-3 years of retail management experience (or customer-focused experience)
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekend, and holidays
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
DICK'S Sporting Goods At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.