Apprentice Technician - Dewey Dodge
Dewey Dodge, a Ken Garff Automotive Dealership, is currently looking for a talented Apprentice Technician (Mechanic) that aligns with our core values and acts with respect, intelligence, greatness, honesty and teamwork. As an Apprentice Technician (Mechanic) , you have an immense amount of discipline for fine details, and you regularly practice consistent follow-through in your daily work. You appreciate clear guidelines and the structure of step-by-step procedures of mechanical work. Others can count on your timely task completion and your ability to produce quality work time and time again.
We designed a formal reward and recognition system just for you called ProTech . Do regular rewards and recognition for performance and tenure, predictable pay raises, efficiency bonus, quarterly tool allowance and discounts, and just being treated RIGHT sound right to you? We hear you! Our ProTech program is built to reward your hard work and recognize your contribution. Come join us and feel what it is like to be a ProTech !
Check out the program: https://www.kengarff.com/pro-tech/
Here’s why you want to work here:
- Paid training, certifications and real career growth
- Paid Time Off starting your first week and 401k with Company match.
- Materinity/Paternity Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Great people with a great culture
- Year-end bonus program for all employees (Garff Giveback)
- Red Wing boot program (annual replacement of work boots)
- 1:1 Tech to PC- You'll have information at your fingertips
- Employee discounts on Vehicle Purchase, Parts, Service and More!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Assist other mechanics and automotive technicians with diagnosing cause of any malfunction and perform repair
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer
- Assist with examination of vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Assist in documenting any work performed
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes to advance to become a main line automotive technician (mechanic)
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean
- Always keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing disposal of hazardous wastes
- Assist in road-testing vehicles to quality-check work performed
- Master our Dealer Management System (Reynolds) for time keeping, work distribution, electronic inspections, repair quotes and communication
- Be accountable to all dealership owned tools, and superior cleanliness throughout workspace and in all customer vehicles (“leave no trace” standard)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 to 2 years of general maintenance or mechanic experience desired
- Technical schooling from a mechanic program preferred
- ASE certification and Safety & Emissions certification preferred
- General mechanical skills, previous dealership experience a plus
- Excellent manual dexterity skills as well as patience, creativity, and an eye for detail
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- High school diploma or the equivalent
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
(( We Hear You ))
Dewey Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.