At Peoples Gas, we work to make lives better throughout Florida with safe, resilient, clean and affordable natural gas solutions. Our diverse and inclusive team serves nearly 470,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers across 14 service areas.
We’re an innovative and collaborative company focused on building engaged and empowered team members who are valued and celebrated to drive our success.
You’ll find competitive pay, inclusive health and wellness programs, and wide-ranging training and professional development.
Whether it’s your first job or your next big move, Peoples Gas is a growing company with career opportunities that fit your future.
Title: Apprentice (JAX)
Company: Peoples Gas System
State and City: Florida - Jacksonville
Shift: 8 Hr. X 5 Days
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Assist in the lay-out, fabrication and installation of gas distribution systems, which includes new construction and/or maintenance on various types of commercial, residential and industrial equipment. An Apprentice shall work in compliance with all Company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, safety standards and communicate in an effective, professional and courteous manner with all Company personnel, customers, contractors, developers, police/fire officials, other utility representatives, and members of the general public.
- Turn on and turn off gas services, appliances, and equipment.
- Read meters and meter instruments.
- Perform the duties of a line locator.
- Assist and/or perform the installation, removal, change-out or upgrade of service regulators and meter sets.
- Assist and/or perform the start-up of conversion burners.
- May assist and perform the installation and maintenance of underground/above ground distribution/transmission mains, services, equipment and meter activity, including minor repairs and adjustments.
- Assist and/or perform plastic pipe fusion, tapping, and stopping operations.
- Assist and/or perform in operating hydraulic tools, backhoe and other machines used in natural gas operations.
- Assist and/or perform the investigations of inside and outside natural gas leaks.
- Work with a hand-held radio device with internet capability to open and close assigned service orders.
- Use of a lap-top computer for mapping, work orders, training and Employee Self Service for working time, benefits and job listings.
- Ability to work overtime as needed including weekends and holidays in response to gas emergencies.
- Ability to work Call Out and Stand-by schedule on a rotating basis.
- Will perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Peoples Gas System At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.