This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
Air Conditioning and Refrigerationing and Heating (Solar energy technician) Deadline Extended
- Teach fifteen lecture hour equivalents per semester in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration using various teaching methods including demonstrations and active learning strategies.
- Maintain five office hours per week, including regular posted office hours, which are accessible to students.
- Responsible for preparation time
- Participate in faculty/division meetings; yearly program review; curricular planning, development, and implementation; student learning outcomes: data collection and writing action plans, program learning outcomes, development, assessment, and implementation; evaluation of educational programs; and college governance to advance the college's mission and strategic goals.
- Participate in faculty professional development and continuing education activities that are designed to maintain and develop currency in the field, pedagogy (for traditional and online teaching and learning), and student support strategies, especially as they relate to student equity initiatives.
- Maintain records of attendance, census, grades, etc.
- Provide an environment conducive to effective learning.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with all employees and others encountered in the course of work.
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Travel between District locations is also expected.
- Performs other instructional-related duties as assigned.
Any Bachelor's degree or higher AND two years professional experience OR any Associate's degree AND six years of professional experience or equivalency
Antelope Valley College Equivalency: Approved by Academic Senate June 16, 2022 - Expires June 16, 2025
College work equivalent to a Baccalaureate degree and two years of related occupational experience in the discipline; or, college work equivalent to an Associate degree plus six years of occupational experience related to the discipline, OR
Eight years experience as an air conditioning or refrigeration maintenance technician, supervisor, or HVAC/R instructor. Part-time experience will be prorated, two years of which must have included assignment as an instructor, trainer or supervisor in the Air Conditioning, Refrigeration occupation,
A valid California Contractors License (B or C20/C38),
In order to obtain a contractor’s license in California it is required to have four years of experience at a journeyman’s level to qualify to take the state exam. Up to two years of educational experience may count towards the four years of required experience.
- Current resume
- Letter of intent that addresses minimum and desirable qualifications.
- Scanned copy of official transcripts with required degree(s). Foreign transcripts and degrees require official certification of equivalency to U.S. transcripts and degrees by a certified U.S. review service at the time of application and must identify graduate level coursework.
- Two (2) current letters of professional reference dated within the last year.
Antelope Valley College At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.