2nd Shift Electro-Mechanical Machine Maintenance Technician
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Dependent on prior experience, up to $33.98, plus $1.50/hour shift premium for 2nd shift.
Responsible for electrical and mechanical repairs, maintenance and preventative maintenance to all production and facility equipment in addition to installation of said equipment in the plant, warehouse, and office areas by performing the following duties.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for…
- Perform electromechanical repairs, preventative maintenance and maintenance of all equipment to ensure continuous production operations
- Inspects and ensures all operating machines and equipment conform to electrical and mechanical operational quality standards
- Assist with the installation and removal of new equipment
- Knows, understands and follows all plant safety rules, general rules and procedures
- Perform general building maintenance
- Participates in continuous improvement and effectively communicates opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness for this position.
- General Industrial maintenance to include, but not limited to lubricating, repairing, rebuilding, trouble shooting, and cleaning production machines. Other duties to consist of infrastructure maintenance and fabrication. This includes welding, cutting, grinding, carpenter work, and operating shop machines (lathes, mill, drill press, grinder, saw, and other small hand tools).
- Perform maintenance and repair to the lift trucks; roll grabs and dollies, steam generators, air compressors, and other process support equipment.
- Perform electrical, plumbing, hydraulic, and HVAC.
- Accurately carry out and assist in the development of preventative maintenance procedures.
- Create and complete work orders using the CMMS.
- Communicate with machine operators.
- Utilize the CMMS and other resources to provide maintenance planning.
- Support and develop downtime reduction initiatives.
- Work overtime as required.
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalency plus two years of other schooling in a maintenance-related field such as Electromechanical Technology, Industrial Electronics, or Apprenticeship training, or 5 years experience in an electromechanical position
- Ability to operate computer and a wide range of hand tools, test instruments, machining equipment and maintenance equipment
- Ability to follow written, verbal or diagrammatic instructions or blueprints, and reading of schematic diagrams
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively
Persons hired are required to be available to work M-F and be available to work 2nd shift – 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Overtime is also required which can include 12-hour shifts, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
EMPLOYEES ARE OUR GREATEST ASSET
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders - integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, "We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The "win" for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, "We help our customers win by doing what others can't or won't” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others "can't or won't" for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer's challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
Great Northern is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Great Northern Corporation At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.